Monday, March 28, 2011

Mother 'Effin' Monster

Mother 'Effin' Monster
Up Dem Damn Hills

The top five songs on my iTunes playlist for yesterday's triathlon were:
  1. Monster (Kanye West, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj). Nothing helped me pedal up those hills more than spouting out, "I'm a mother 'effin' monster!" And my growls and gunts would have lead many bystanders to believe it was true. Yes, Nicki's cameo is amazing and she deserves the recognition as the best contribution of to a single of 2010.
  2. Roman's Revenge (Nicki Minaj featuring Eminem). Yes, another Minaj. I said before that Pink Friday was a great album for running. The aggression of this song can stir something strong within. No matter how tired you may be, this song will give you the energy to keep truckin'; you'll feel like a dungeon dragon!
  3. I Wanna Go (Britney Spears). This song is so fantastic; probably my favourite on Femme Fatale. You don't have to wait to take on you freak until 'tonight'. You can do it on the running trail. In fact, that would be hotter. Love the whistles.
  4. Dancing On My Own (Robyn). She quickly became one of my favourite pop artists with her Body Talk albums last year. Being 'in the corner, watchin' you kiss her' pisses me off and makes want to impress you more by 'givin' it my all'. Robs, we've all been the one not seen and the one not taken home. I feel ya.
  5. Emancipate (Kelis). Yes, I, too, was in route.


No comments: