Monday, April 25, 2011

Bend Into Leaning

Bend Into Leaning

Well, I'm home.

I succeeded in getting up at 4:15 this morning. My cab was on time this time: 5:00am pick up. My flight from Cape Town set off at 7:00am without a hitch. It was the 2:00pm departure from Jo'burg that gave a little hiccough. After boarding the plane it was announced that our take off would be delayed. Of the three toilets on board the aircraft, two of them were not working. Making a 4-hour flight with 2/3 of the toilets on the plane out of order would have turned into a very shitty situation. They kept us on the plane while they made the repairs, would not even let people disembark to use a toilet--saying that if people were let off the plane they wonder away and prolong the delay.

About an hour later, the problem with the toilets was rectified. And we were off: up, up and away!

The rest of my journey home was without event. Vincent was at the airport to pick me up. (Fortunately for him, I was able to shoot him an SMS to make him aware of the delay so he didn't waste time coming early to the airport.) There was a bit of traffic on Entebbe Road, which did slow us down a bit.

I'm home now.

Suddenly the raindrops that fall have a meaning.

No comments: