Friday, April 29, 2011

Others' Words

Others' Words

I just don't know what to say. I'm going to borrow a friend's description: dumbstruck. Being dumbstruck, I need to use the words of others to make my post today. Most are from local newspapers; articles are linked so you can read the quotes in context and get a broader scope of the events of the today. Some quotes are from facebook updates, and I did not link them to protect privacy.
  • Dear Mr President, yes! there is sthg u can do about prices: isnt this exciting news? U can cancel those pretty new jets! More exciting? U wont need to look to fuel levy for 700Bn to fund a third of Karuma dam- what with saving trillions!!??
  • I ve heard lots of nonsense e past few weeks saying police had no choice but 2 block e walk 2 work but 2day was an insult 2 all Ugandans.
  • Tonight I kept vigil for Uganda & it's slide deeper into the political abyss :( "Insomnia v. Insanity" Truth is: I was too horrified to sleep without risking nightmares!
  • Grumble, grumble... Gunshots in my neighbour hood. Oh, when the bullets hit a person, then they are stray. But, only the police and army firing....
Can you pick out which ones are government propaganda?

We got the kids safely home; that was a major concern of mine today. I went straight to the gym from work for an intense workout (maybe too intense, left nauseated) to relieve some stress. I feel a migraine coming on. I don't think a good night's sleep is going to resolve these issues, but I'm still hoping for a better day tomorrow. There's the optimisms peaking through the clouds.

No comments: