Friday, April 01, 2011

Everybody's Free

Everybody's Free

Quinton Taver was the child with the phenomenal voice that wowed us all in the mid-1990s' Romeo and Juliet with his cover of Everybody's Free.



Like many child prodigies, he's no less talented, yet struggling to make it as an adult.



One may question Britney's talent, but hey, she's still got our attention. She made the transition from child star. As did Ms. Natalie P.

Last night, I attended my first meeting of Freethought Kampala. I've been intrigued by the idea since the first time I heard of the organisation a few months ago. I have two friends (whose intellect I respect) who are regular attendees, so I decided to make an appearance. I gave up an evening run this week to go, so you know it was something that I valued a lot. The topic of the evening was alternative medicine; the documentary they showed was interesting. The discussion after was also interesting. Unfortunately, I turn in to a pumpkin very early, so I had to dip out before it was over.

The subtitle for Freethought's blog is: promoting reason in a highly superstitious society. I respect that and think that it is very necessary in our society. However, I question: If we are bound to reason are our thoughts free?


It's basic. I trained to be a scientist in a past life, but I teach primary science in my current one. We cannot forget the basic principles.

I enjoyed the meeting and hope to make it to the next one. They meet every last Thursday of the month at 4 Points at Centenary Park.

1 comment:

Phillippe MK said...

Multivariate analysis (MVA) is based on the statistical principle of multivariate statistics, which involves observation and analysis of more than one statistical variable at a time. In design and analysis, the technique is used to perform trade studies across multiple dimensions while taking into account the effects of all variables on the responses of interest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multivariate_analysis

though those are rather complicated, but i do agree with you totally. (better to change one variable at a time while keeping the others constant).

i guess from those recommendation someone can design another study addressing that particular issue.

thanks so much for passing by, ps also thanks for not only attending but also speaking up! (scientists are sooo cool like that).

hope to see you at the next one. :D