Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet Back-Loaded Puppet

Sweet Back-Loaded Puppet

Alanis Morissette is the soundtrack for this entry. I think, maybe, I should stop reading the newspaper. It might just get me in trouble one day; however, I needed something to occupy my time as I waited to get my hair cut this afternoon.

Politics. Not my favorite subject. At the risk of sounding too cliché, I'll state that opinions are like assholes: we all have one. And Mr. Awel Uwihanganye expressed his in today's New Vision. I have had the honor of meeting Mr. Uwihanganye on several occasions. He's a friend of friends. While he's entitled to his opinion and can believe in a "larger design... where US interests are primary", I'd just like to clarify that the time he "lived in North America long enough to know that the established Western democratic system has little interest in the stability and economic development of countries such as Uganda" was as a university student in CANADA!

Oh, Awel. I'll leave the rest of your propaganda alone for now. As I stated before, politics: not my favorite subject. But your taste for poorly-written articles leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As Alanis sang: I see right through you. Apparently, others do too.

1 comment:

Phillippe MK said...

hey timothy... how are yah? ...nice commentary...

just read thru http://independent.co.ug/index.php/column/guest-column/68-guest-column/1308-how-ugandas-political-elite-have-abused-public-trust

what a bunch of sh8t..! lol... it wouldn't even make for good cow fodder...

oh well i guess that's how political opinions are, everyone is entitled to theirs, no matter how nonsensical or dimwitted.

glad to see u blogging again!