Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Heifers

I was googling some random topic yesterday, actually I think I was trying to figure out how to convert dvds to a format I could put on my new iPod, and this is the picture I found on the Google search page—you know how they are quirky and like to decorate on special occasions.



Ok, maybe I’m reading too much into this and making a big deal of an insignificant situation (like the whole McDonald’s fiasco, which, by the way, is still on; they called me again today), but I cannot help but think they are implying that the young women who do rhythmic gymnastics are cows. Gymnastics is a brutal sport full of criticism and insecurities (Have you noticed all the girls crying after executing beautiful routines?). How are those already delicate artistic athletes going to take the awkward beast in a leotard?

On a sweeter note, it’s my mom’s husband’s birthday is today. The last time I went to visit my mother and attempted to enter their home, I was blocked in the laundry room by her man. Well, when my sister invited me to go over to visit my mother and her husband, I declined, not wanting any awkwardness. However, I am a giver, so I made him cupcakes. I love cupcakes, and I’ve not made them in a while. Plus, I thought it would be good practice for the Black Pussy.


I mixed different icing colors to create the final products, a blue and a neon orange. I think the color choice was perfect for chocolate cupcakes. However, I need to improve the icing flavor. For the average taster, the icing would be ok, but I’m very picky with flavors, and it didn’t satisfy me today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you had made pretty cupcakes in Uganda, you'd have had lots of takers.