Sunday, August 17, 2008



Street(side)s of Gold


Driving to Wewahitcka, Florida to have Sunday lunch with my brother, Larry, I passed by a scene that made me smile and feel happy for the day.  It reminded me of one afternoon in Boston when someone set up a bubble machine in a second-story window and filled the sidewalk on which I was walking with thousands of bubbles.  It's amazing how sometimes it doesn't take much to make one's day.  Sometimes, it's just planting your roadside field with peanuts that will bloom at the end of summer and will put a smile on the face of someone traveling to Wewahitchka, Florida to have lunch with his brother.


Doesn't it kind of remind you of the poppy field scene (although the flowers are not poppies nor are they red) from the Wizard of Oz?  Poppies will put them to sleep...



No comments: