I'm one of the most indecisive people I know, and I guess that is one of my attributes that make me a walking contradiction because I'm also a person who makes decisions and gets things done. However, getting anything done is never a simple task for me and even the simplest decisions receive a thorough debate inside my head. I'm a dweller and I over-analyse. Perhaps that's why I find it difficult to relax; there are always a million things racing around inside my brain. My own version of quality-control, I guess.
Right now, I have some important decisions to make:
- To renew or not to renew my contract. If I don't, then what?
- Well, if I don't renew my contract, shouldn't I begin applying for jobs now so I'll have a job lined up for August/September 2009?
- Do I really want to stay on this career path, or should I leap in another direction?
- Is it time for my return to the US?
- Screw the job, should I just go back to school?
I just wish I could be certain as to what the future holds and which decisions will work out best for me. I know it's time for a change. I've been fighting this feeling for a year now, but for what? Yes, I think I'll get the application sent today. I updated and tweaked my resume last week, near perfection. We'll just have to see what happens.
One day, I'm hopping that elevated train and I riding away...