Saturday, May 07, 2011

Super-Duper: Somebody Please Tell Nicks Who the Eff I Is

Super-Duper:

Somebody Please Tell Nicks Who the Eff I Is

I am Timothy Hatcher...

Super Bass and its accompanying video are two more reasons why Ms. Minaj is my current teenage crush.

Imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery, right? Well, Nicks has some pretty high-profile peeps offering up their best and sincerest attempts at flattery.


Selena Gomez's cover has already made an appearance on my blog. It's just so fun!


Taylor Swift's (aka T. Swizzle) rendition is, well, interesting. I feel about as uncomfortable watching her do it as she looks doing it. Very awkward moment for all of us.

There are also hordes of unknown imitators uploading their flattery to YouTube. I have a soft spot for acoustic covers of hip-hop and pop. I cannot wait for Britney to record an album of acoustic versions of her dance hits. I really do enjoy this acoustic cover of Super Bass I stumbled upon today.


At first I thought she was going to rap it, and I felt embarrassed for her, but then she picked up the guitar and made me happy.

Boom, badoom, boom, boom, badoom, boom, bass!

No comments: