Tuesday, August 04, 2009

44's 48th

44's 48th


I had to get this post up while it was still officially 4th August 2009 in my part of the world  As you may know, today is the 48th birthday of U.S. President Barack Obama, his first celebrated as President.  I'm sure he's received a spectacular array of gifts (many he will not be able to keep when he leaves office), but there is one that (at least altitudinally speaking) trumps them all.  One country renamed its highest peak after President Obama.  No, Kenya (where some people would like the birthers' conspiracy theories to be true; I saw t-shirts over the weekend reading OBAMA:  Obama, Born in Africa Managing Americans) did not re-christen Mt. Kenya.  The Caribbean nation of Antigua has renamed its tallest mountain Mt. Obama and did it "as a symbol of excellence, triumph, hope and dignity for all people."



Happy (belated) birthday wishes also go out from me to Bede!!!

No comments: