Monday, August 31, 2009

Commonality

Commonality

I needed to replace my umbrella because the last one I had was left in the trunk of someone's car whom I don't know very well, so I just kissed it goodbye. I went, once again, to Victoria Shoppers in Bugolobi to buy my umbrella because, for some strange reason, they have a fairly good range of umbrellas at relatively good prices. I know selecting an umbrella to buy is not like selecting a car to buy or anything, but I still like choice.

This is one I chose:


because it reminded me of this:



Now, when I'm battling rain as I walk to work in the mornings, I'll be inspired and hum, no sing out loud: Stronger than than yesterday. It's nothin' but my way. My loneliness ain't killin' me no more... Gene Kelly, you're not the only one who's gonna be singin' in the rain!

(On a side note, I was given a poster of the above image of Britney at a staff Christmas party, winter 2000. A woman I worked with was really upset and accused me of objectifying women. Whatever.)

No comments: