Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Goodies

My Goodies

Finally, I'm getting off of my lazy behind and hitting the pavement (and dirt roads and trails for that matter) and getting that lazy behind of mine in shape. I ran the full MTN Marathon in Kampala in 2007, and I'd like to do it again this year. (Not an official announcement.) As I know very well, those 42km are not going to run themselves. So I went for a run this evening. I started out with a plan of where I'd run, but like most well laid plans, things changed. I ended up with an adventurous streak, and I took a few less-travelled-by turns and ended up following the railroad tracks. About 6km into my run, it was getting a bit too dark to run safely (uneven trails, stones, gravel... deep holes), and I came out by the Kataza stage near the Bugolobi Shell. Well, Jazz Supermarket is just there, so I decided to duck in a take a peek at what they had and decide if I needed anything. Yes. I. Did. Right at the entrance where they display several sale items were two boxes of chocolate candies handsomely marked down. And this was good candy. Not smushed. No faded wrappers from being on display too long. I could not resist purchasing a big full of Smarties and Lion candy bars.

This is not the first time I went crazy with chocolate bars. Today's experience brought back memories of 2006 and life in American Samoa. Ok, I plead insanity for that one. Two words: island fever. It had to be. Who does stuff like that?

Boy, do I look young!
If I could turn back time...

No comments: