Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Get a Reaction

Get a Reaction

OK, so I hear things selectively.  Don't we all?  Well, I've been on a Lily Allen vibe these days.  I say that I like her sophomore effort more than her debut; its musical style if more eclectic.  While the first album had more of a ska feel to it, It's Not Me, It's You is more varied--a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll, with some ska, techno and others.  

That said, I've been groovin' to Lily's debut, Alright Still, a lot lately.  My life is just one big song, and the riff that's repeating is Friday Night.  I'm really feeling it right now.  I feel the need to hear it before I leave the house each morning and as I walk to my destination.  Let's take it a bit out of context.  Here's where the selective listening comes in handy.

If you're gonna play with fire then you're gonna get burned...

Don't try and test me cos you'll get reaction...

I don't know who you think you are,
But making people scared won't get you very far.

Ooooooooooooo
Ooooooooooooo

Don't understand why they're being really loud.
They make their way over to me,
They try to push me out the way...

What you tryna say?

I can pretend that my day is just a night at a club.  There.  It's already much better now.  Believe me,  I'm alright.  It's not me, it's you.  If you have a problem... Well, sorry for you.  Continue to express your frustration towards the printer if you like.


No comments: