Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Crazy Chance

Crazy Chance

Here I am, back at TLH. Trying to get the hell out of Florida, take deux. I booked an earlier flight this time anticipating a delay and trying to ensure that I'd still make it to Atlanta on time for my connecting KLM flight.

Well the earlier flight today has also been delayed. It is unclear what is happening. All the information coming out at the airport is that the flight is "on time", but SMS messages are stating a delay of a certain amount of time, and the Delta website is indicating a slight delay. Rumor floating around the airport is that there is a possible cancellation.

Why? Why? Why? It's beautiful weather. If it is because of technical problems--two days in a row--I find that wholly unacceptable. It's not like Delta just began flying yesterday, and airplane maintenance is new to them.

For those of you who think KQ is bad with delayed/cancelled flights, I've got one word for you:

Delta.

Watch this space.

Update (Thursday, 8.35am). I finally made it Amsterdam. The half-way point. Still an 8-hour (plus)-flight ahead. Crazy. The delayed flight from Tallahassee ended up only being, like, 5 minutes delayed. I arrive in Atlanta earlier than scheduled. That made me happy, but also a little concerned. The airport finally updated the flight status, and had us leaving at 15.09. That made three different flight status notices. Did anyone know where the hell that airplane was? I am very happy to be on my way home, and I'm looking forward to a night in my own bed. Any joiners? I could use a great neck massage.





No comments: