Thursday, March 17, 2011

Needed Fuel

Needed Fuel

I know I'm not the best eater. I'm usually one who eats what he feels like eating. I sometimes also experiment with the foods I eat: I was vegetarian for several years; I sometimes cut wheat out of my diet; I've experimented with eating right for my blood type. My latest experiment is making a food log. A couple of days ago I registered with mapmyrun.com to map some of my running routes with the intention of calculating distances of routes. I also wanted to share my runs with other runners in the area and to get route ideas myself. Well, the site is also able to help you keep a food log, and it does the calorie counting for you, making adjustments according to your physical activity.

Like I mentioned, I've only been doing this for a few days now, three to be exact, but one thing that has become very obvious is that I do not eat enough food. Two of the three days, I only consumed half of my recommended caloric allowance. I guess that's not a good thing. But what to do? I eat when I feel like it. I think I eat a pretty good variety of foods; it could always be better. I know.

I took advantage of the fact that I was more than 2000 calories under the daily recommendation at 8:00pm tonight and went out with friends for pizza. I would normally leave a slice or two for later. But I inhaled my entire pie shortly after it arrived at the table. I still have about a deficit of 1000 calories for today.

Apparently, it's not just Kampala facing a fuel shortage these days.

No comments: